Friday, January 25, 2013

Skincare 101

If anyone reading this went to high school with me, you know that I had really bad skin in high school. In the last few years, I've discovered a few great things that have made my skin amazing! I wanted to share these things because well, I knew nothing about skincare in high school. I never used toner until I became an adult and did research. Toner changed my life! I was using the wrong moisturizer. Makeup and skincare is all trial and error. I hate that part of skincare. It seems like as soon as you put something new on your face, BAM, a pimple. A lot of doctors would debate with me on whether acne is caused by hormones, diet, exercise... or if it's just overproduction of oil, leading to clogged pores and pimples. I'm pretty sure it's more than likely a combination of both. I've used high-end products that you can find in Sephora, and i've used drugstore products. To be honest, i've had better luck with drugstore products than with higher-end ones. However, I eat a paleolithic diet along with lots of water. I exercise at least 4-5x/week and I am not on hormone contraceptives. Also, if you're considering breastfeeding, it did amazing work for my skin!!

AM routine
Clean and clear deep action cleanser for sensitive skin
Dickinson's witch hazel pore perfecting toner (I swear by this stuff!!)
Neutragena naturals moisturizer
L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Eye Defense Cream

PM routine
Neutragena naturals fresh cleansing+makeup remover
Dickinson's witch hazel pore perfecting toner
StriVectin AR night cream
L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Eye Defense Cream

I got a sample of StriVectin AR night cream in the mail and I am smitten. The damned thing costs $109 for a full-sized container. I'm ebaying it up for cheaper options. I'll also troll Hautelook, Gilt, Myhabit and various other designer discount websites. For example, today, Myhabit has Strivectin, but not the night cream I want. Since it's new, it probably won't be on any discount sites for a while. Thankfully, the sample is big enough to last me a while. I've noticed a decrease in acne scars on my chin since using it.

Love,
Christin

No comments:

Post a Comment